AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /  

Amiga Keys mapping on AmiKit X on macOS

Author fkhannouf
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 Oct 2017 19:27 
Hello everybody,

I'm a brand new AmiKit X (10.3, using AF2016) user on mac.
Actually, I'm facing a keyboard mapping issue. The "command" keys seems to be mapped on "alt" keys, and the "alt" keys to nothing in particular...
In the end, it's impossible to use any of the Amiga-... shortcuts.

Did anybody encountered the same problem ? And maybe found a way to solve it ?

Beside that, AmiKit X is really nicely done Thus, I'm a little frustrated not being able to enjoy it at its full potential.

Thanks for helping !
Regards, Fred

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 11 Oct 2017 22:16 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, I've been experimenting a bit and found out that none of the Mac's OPTION keys are not registered by WinUAE. At all. While it is possible to remap keys in WinUAE, Mac's OPTION keys cannot be used because WinUAE simply doesn't see them.

What you can do is to use some other Mac's key as a LEFT or RIGHT AMIGA key, for example the one left from key 1. In WinUAE it's called "GRAVE" (for whatever reason.

Launch WinUAE (by pressing "Configure" button in AmiKit Launcher), go to "Input" settings, switch to "Configuration #1", find this "GRAVE" entry and change its "Input target" from "Back Quote" to eg. "Left Amiga". Similarly you can assign "Right Amiga" key.

Don't forget to save your new WinUAE config. Go to Configurations, mark "AmiKit (Default Configuration)" and then press SAVE button.

I know this remapping is not the most convenient way, but at least it works.

Author fkhannouf
Partaker
#3 Posted: 12 Oct 2017 22:09 
Thanks a lot for your help ! I'm going to give it a try.

Author fkhannouf
Partaker
#4 Posted: 12 Oct 2017 22:55 
Hello again , I found the solution

Basically it's a X11 keyboard mapping issue.
I followed the instruction given here http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/winekeymap.html and it worked.

There are two steps to follow :
1 - Patching the Winemac drivers
2 - Creating a custom Xmodmap file

Now life is wonderful again

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /
 Amiga Keys mapping on AmiKit X on macOS

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top