AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Folder View problem

Author synchromesh
Partaker
#1 Posted: 25 Sep 2017 14:32 
Just purchased this but have been using Amikit 8 to try before I buy

I have attached a games folder which when opened Defaults as a list so I click to show the folders then snapshot all to default it that way or at least that's what I think I did I'm Amikit 8

However when I reboot and open the games folder again its back to a list.
Probably me missing something ..Any ideas ?
Thanks for reading

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Sep 2017 15:07 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hello and thanks for your purchase and support!

First of all, make sure the attached folder has a corresponding .info file (icon). If not, click the folder one (mark it) and then select the small down-arrow located in upper right corner of your window (DOpus Lister) and select Add Icons.

The .info file will be created where all the folder information is stored, like it's position, default view, etc.

Now doubleclick the folder, click the second toolbar icon to show the icons instead of a list. Now right-click the upper window bar and select Snapshot Lister. It saves its position and default view. If you select Snapshot Icons, the folder content positions will be saved.

Hope it makes sense

Author synchromesh
Partaker
#3 Posted: 26 Sep 2017 02:39 
Thanks AmiKit

I kind of understood it but worked it out .... I already had Info Files ( Icons ) from using Amikit 8 but what I did not do was click information and then click "Save" in Amikit X ( which I assume is marking it ) All is now well and my games drive opens up in all its glory

I have been out of the scene since 2012 ( My last Amiga Forever purchase )
I am only just getting back into it so I decided rather than purchase the latest " Amiga Forever " my funds may be better invested here..
So far I'm exceptionally Happy ..Its a whole new Amiga ... Hmm .. Nice tagline that

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 26 Sep 2017 10:18 
I am glad it works for you now. And I am happy you like AmiKit. This kind of feedback is exactly why I am doing this all for!

Btw. new bits and bytes are coming your way through the LiveUpdate superhighway soon!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Folder View problem

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top