AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /  

amikit x vs flower pot vs classic and font size on amitkit x

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#1 Posted: 17 Aug 2017 10:36 Edited by: Dingopathe 
Hello,

Thanks for your great job.
I'm new and understood after bying amikit x that I could not install os 4.1 I just bought for it :D , and I need flower pot for this and will unfortunately lost rabbit hole.

But i'm happy with amikit x as it is very fast on my i5 config, is there a huge speed difference between amikit x and os 4.1 flower pot ? and flower pot comparing to classic amiga ppc ? is it reactive ?

I changed all fonts size in mui and in prefs (I think), it worked everywhere excepted in amikit menu on screen bottom and icons on desktop, fonts are still big, how can I change them for something smaller ?

Thanks very much

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 17 Aug 2017 10:52 
Hi and welcome.

AmiKit and FlowerPot are completely different products.

AmiKit is about AmigaOS3.x emulation and contains MANY pre-installed programs. To run AmiKit, you need AmigaOS3.x located on Amiga Forever OR AmigaOS4.1 CD. Please note that the AmigaOS4.1 CD is a medium which also includes AmigaOS3.1 files required for AmiKit. The CD also contains AmigaOS4.1, of course, but it's not used by AmiKit. For more info please refer here: http://bit.ly/AmiKit-QuickGuide

Flower Pot is about AmigaOS4.1 emulation and contains just basic programs. To run AmiKit you need AmigaOS4.1 from AmigaOS4.1 CD and some ROM files from Amiga Forever. More info here http://file.amiga.sk/flowerpot/windows/GardenersGuide.pdf

To change fonts of AmiKit desktop icons, press right-mouse button on desktop and select Settings -> Environemnt and then go to Icons part.

To change the config of the bottom bar, press and hold right-mouse button over the bar or over the start button. Please note that any change is saved immediatelly. Also if you change screenmode or other visual settings in MorpheuZ, your config might be overwritten. herefore I recommend to backup your AmiKit before experimenting.

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#3 Posted: 17 Aug 2017 13:50 
Thank you very much for your fast answer.

Does Flower Pot install 64 bits version of UAE as I've a x64 cpu or does it install 32 bits version ? is there a performance/speed difference between 32 and 64 ?

Have a nice day !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 17 Aug 2017 13:58 
It installs 32bit version.

There is practically only one advantage with the 64-bit version: You can have up to 3G(!) of fast RAM vs ~1G

64-bit may be also slightly faster.

If you want to try it, simply download 64bit ZIP archive from www.winuae.net and copy winuae.exe to AmiKit/WinUAE folder.

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#5 Posted: 18 Aug 2017 22:22 Edited by: Dingopathe 
Thank you very much for your help.

I tried to find everywhere without success.
Someone maybe know you to solve pink button issue ?

EDIT: I found the problem: winuae does't support 32bit color, I had to select RGB16PC in "screenmode"

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 19 Aug 2017 14:02 
Hi, WinUAE supports 32-bit screenmode. Maybe try to update your Windows graphics driver?

Author Dingopathe
Partaker
#7 Posted: 20 Aug 2017 21:30 
This problem occurs only with os4.1, not with amikit, and I'm not alone, people as this problem with uae (flower pot or not)
nvidia driver is up to date. It concerns only few buttom like for example them on the top of the blocnote.

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /
 amikit x vs flower pot vs classic and font size on amitkit x

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top