Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /

AmiKit version 11 ?

Author mark8564
Registered
#1 Posted: 30 Jul 2017 07:49 Edited by: mark8564 
Hi thinking of buying but am i best of waiting till version 11 comes out don't want to pay again in like a couple of months, and how often do major updates come out

kind regards
mark

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 30 Jul 2017 08:23 
Hi Mark, considering the fact that current AmiKit is the 10th major version in 12 year history of AmiKit, statistics say that AmiKit 11 will be released 1,2 year from now

But statistics is about average numbers, right? Here are the real ones:

- AmiKit 8 was released in 2014

- AmiKit 9 was released in early 2017 for Mac only (in fact it was AmiKit 8 "Reloaded" with WinUAE/wine instead of obsolete E-UAE emulation engine)

- AmiKit X (10.1) was released in 2017 for Windows and Mac (with discount for AmiKit 9 Mac users and all previous donors)
- AmiKit X (10.2), a free update, will be released today.

Best regards,
Jan

Author mark8564
Registered
#3 Posted: 30 Jul 2017 09:22 
Thank you for the information, just one other thing will i have to uninstall version 8 before i install version 10

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 30 Jul 2017 10:06 
You're welcome.

No, you don't need to uninstall AmiKit 8. Simply install AmiKit X into a separate folder.

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here / AmiKit version 11 ? Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0