Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /

Winlaunch and WINUAE 3.4.0

Author foleyjo
Registered
#1 Posted: 11 Apr 2017 17:25 
Hi, I've been using Amikit 8 on my PC and set up some windows applications to launch from Amiga OS3.9 using winlaunch.
I noticed there was a newer version of Winuae out so tried to install it. Now when I try to use winlaunch I get an error message.
Is winlaunch only compatible with the Amikit version if winuae?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 01:00 
Hello there!

What error message are you getting? Make sure there is winlaunch.alib file in WinUAE/winuae_dll folder.

Author foleyjo
Registered
#3 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 10:36 
Hi,

Thanks for the tip.
I'll check both next time I get on my laptop where Amikit is installed. I think I did have winlaunch.alib in the folder but not so sure now.

Author foleyjo
Registered
#4 Posted: 12 Apr 2017 19:17 
I checked and I do have the file in the dll folder.
Still not working. I get

Program failed (error #8000000A)

Author foleyjo
Registered
#5 Posted: 14 Apr 2017 22:11 
This seems to be an issue with Winuae (or one of my settings on winuae) and any program that accesses the windows side.
I use whdlaunch and when you press the button to exit the whd game it is supposed to close winuae but I get a similar error message and winuae stays open.
I also tried uaectrl and that also gives a program failed error message

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 16 Apr 2017 22:45 
In that case better report this to the author of WinUAE directly, please: http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5

Author foleyjo
Registered
#7 Posted: 18 Apr 2017 09:06 
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
The problem was with my ppc settings. To use those programs I needed to use F0 Rom mode which doesn't work with PPC.
Another issue is Winlaunch only works with 32bit winuae and I was on 64bit.

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here / Winlaunch and WINUAE 3.4.0 Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0