AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /  

Post FlowerPot installation, how do I maintain multiple WinUAE installations?

Author seanys
Partaker
#1 Posted: 5 Apr 2017 12:25 
I had a working WinUAE installation then I installed FlowerPot.

It ignored the current WinUAE installation and overwrote the existing registry entries with paths pointing to the FlowerPot program folder (of which I was not given the option to choose where that would be). Also, that mean's that *data* files are forced to be in the "Program Files (x86)" folder (poor form, grrr!).

How do I get these 2 WinUAE installations to peacefully coexist?

Would you like to reconsider how you've designed the FlowerPot installer and release an update?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 5 Apr 2017 22:13 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Seanys,

Flower Pot for Windows does not changes registry or anything like that. It just copies Flower Pot to your computer. You can simply move the installed FlowerPot folder to different location.

The path issue you described is probably caused by WinUAE itself. You might want to try the "Reset to defaults" or "Portable mode" button in WinUAE/Paths tab when running your original WinUAE installation. Or check its support forum here: http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /
 Post FlowerPot installation, how do I maintain multiple WinUAE installations?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top