AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /  

Amikit Android MK2 : Directly use PC amikit instead of brand new install

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 May 2016 15:36 
Hi,

First the release of an android version of amikit with JIT is great. Can't wait to play with it on my phone, tablet AND Android Orange PI. Thanks to all of you in the Amikit community who made this happen.

Basic question now : I have Amikit installed on all my pcs. I use the same hardfile on all machines. Being pretty lazy, I'm wondering if I can simply follow the installation procedure BUT simply copy my Amikit hdf over the one that gets downloaded and... well... it works...

Thanks to whoever may help !

PS : I won't ask for news about Alice and/or future Amikit release features and time frame. Will I ?

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#2 Posted: 19 May 2016 21:10 Edited by: ccapublic 
I purchased it and gave it a try. I had to modify drive geometry in conf.uae as my hdf is 1gb and had non default geometry . Booting fine on my orange pi but gfx issue (aga instead of rtg). I suppose this is because my hdf is configured for uaegfx that may not be supported by the android amiga emulation stack (Picasso96 ?). I'll for sure make it work but in the end it will probably have taken more time than installing from scratch ;) Cheers people !

Author Lubomyr
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 May 2016 23:41 
uaegfx mode id (screenmode.prefs) from old amikit app is incompatible with new uae4arm-based app

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 20 May 2016 00:23 Edited by: AmiKit 
Cyril, download the following screenmode file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490828/AmiKit/misc/Android/800x480/screenmode.pre fs

and place it to your hardfile, specifically to the following folder:

AmiKit:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/

It should ensure your hardfile will open in 800x480 screenmode on Android.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#5 Posted: 20 May 2016 12:34 Edited by: ccapublic 
Thanks to both of you ! Nothing more to do than use this screenmode.prefs ?

For examole Nothing to add or change in devs:monitors or whatever ?

Please note that all my android devices support at least full HD display. Once screen mode.prefs is overwritten, will I be able to use such resolutions ?

And last newbie question : gui does not open upon startup which is great once you have a final configuration. In the meantime, can you let me know how to launch the gui ?

Thanks again !

Author Lubomyr
Partaker
#6 Posted: 20 May 2016 13:40 
Open via text editor this file
Android/data/sk.amiga.amikit.arm/files/conf/uaeconfig.uae

try to find and replace string:
use_gui=no
to
use_gui=yes

Author Lubomyr
Partaker
#7 Posted: 20 May 2016 13:48 
You need to replace only one file screenmode.prefs and nothing more.
You can use any resolution: including full hd

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#8 Posted: 20 May 2016 14:10 
Simple and easy. Thanks a lot. I should have looked myself before bothering as I had to tweak conf.uae already to fix drive geometry and path to Rom...

Will give it a try this evening if my kids leave me some time ;)

Thanks again

Cyril.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 20 May 2016 14:14 
Well, the Android hardfile is based on Linux one. And there are some more (mostly minor) changes, of course, eg. MorpheuZ, "Screenmode AmiKit", various desktop icon positions, less programs in WBStartup, etc.

But the screenmode.prefs I provided let you run your hardfile.

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#10 Posted: 20 May 2016 19:05 
If however starting with the windows hardfile causes issues here and there (missing tweaks, or incompatible tweaks, or...) and you think it's better starting from scratch from the android one let me know.

Thanks again Jan

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#11 Posted: 20 May 2016 23:52 
Finally installed from scratch on my S5. Some troubles on the way but done (see dedicated post). Will test on Orange Pi tomorrow.

Cheers !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#12 Posted: 21 May 2016 00:56 
If you've customized your hardfile already then use it, of course. Like I said the Android one differs with minor changes.

Author amigaluv
Partaker
#13 Posted: 19 Aug 2016 08:13 
AmiKit:
Finally installed from scratch on my S5. Some troubles on the way but done (see dedicated post). Will test on Orange Pi tomorrow.

Hey whre is the dedicated post?

Author ccapublic
Partaker
#14 Posted: 26 Aug 2016 23:49 

I have a basic question, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / I have a basic question, I am new here /
 Amikit Android MK2 : Directly use PC amikit instead of brand new install

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top