AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

How to reset Amikit preferences (OS X)

Author sgriso
Partaker
#1 Posted: 11 Feb 2016 21:12 Edited by: sgriso 
Hi to all! I have the latest Amikit and i have OS X (el capitan) but i have done the mistake to open E-UAE before having my amiga forever cd inserted into my mac so i closed it once i understood wich support files i gotta have but now my problem is this: how can i reset amikit (or e-uae) preferences since the software is now asking me to open something (that obviously i don't know) even when i copied the correct roms into the right folder... pleeease, i'm searching everywhere but no one knows how to completely reset (or uninstall and fresh reinstall) amikit... -_- can anyone help me? (for instance.. i want e-uae to ask me again to point to the cd/support files....)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Feb 2016 22:38 
Hi, I don't have Mac anymore. Cannot you just throw the folder to trash? Then doubleclick the dmg file again and install AmiKit again.

Author sgriso
Partaker
#3 Posted: 13 Feb 2016 21:58 Edited by: sgriso 
Hi to you no, that doesn't work... there's probably some file preferences that reside on the system... but i looked at all the usual locations but i wasn't able to find it/them... also resetting uae doesn't work -_- i'm desperate because i tried it on an emulated windows and is sooooo cooool but i want the power of my mac to run it

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 14 Feb 2016 00:46 
Okay, can you show me a screenshot so I know exactly where you are? Thanks.

Author sgriso
Partaker
#5 Posted: 15 Feb 2016 09:44 Edited by: sgriso 
Ok, after inserting the amigaforever cd and clicking to the af install it happen this:
http://imgur.com/nk3Euh5
-_-

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 15 Feb 2016 14:11 Edited by: AmiKit 
Ooops. It seems like it's a bug in AmiKit installer. Can you try different installation language - English? If it still doesn't work, do you have any other source of AmigaOS, eg. AmigaOS3.9 or AmigaOSXL? If not, when the INTERNAL ERROR is displayed as on the screenshot you sent, try to type this:

Rename AmiKit:S/Startup-Sequence AmiKit:S/Startup-SequenceX
Copy AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/S/Startup-Sequence AmiKit:S
Reboot

Author sgriso
Partaker
#7 Posted: 15 Feb 2016 14:52 
Hi again.. english language do the same error, now i'm trying to type those and... it says rename command unknow -_- same thing with copy...

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 15 Feb 2016 16:27 
Okay, let's try with absolute paths:

AmiKit:C/Rename AmiKit:S/Startup-Sequence AmiKit:S/Startup-SequenceX
AmiKit:C/Copy AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/S/Startup-Sequence AmiKit:S
AmiKit:C/Reboot

Author sgriso
Partaker
#9 Posted: 15 Feb 2016 17:27 
no, same thing... unknow command

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 18 Feb 2016 00:03 Edited by: AmiKit 
Sorry for the delay. I was busy in work.

Okay, what Amiga Forever version is the CD?

Can you tell me where the Execute file is located on the CD?

Is it:
1) AmigaForever:Emulation/System/dir/System/C/Execute
2) AmigaForever:Amiga Files/System/dir/System/C/Execute
3) AmigaForever:Amiga Files/Shared/dir/System/C/Execute
4) or somewhere completely else?

Does the same Amiga Forever CD works when you use it to install Windows version of AmiKit?

Author sgriso
Partaker
#11 Posted: 18 Feb 2016 15:34 
Yes it works in windows and in fact i'm running amiga forever in an emulated windows 10 (with great performances) and, of course, i've dwnloaded and installed amikit ;) anyway i have modified the amikituae config to point to my amiga forever cd but.................. the windows 10 is working flawlessly so i'm happy with it man...

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 How to reset Amikit preferences (OS X)

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑