AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Amipup is convoluted?

Author amigaluv
Partaker
#1 Posted: 30 Dec 2015 23:41 Edited by: amigaluv 
Hi

I have been trying to hack Amipup but I am getting abit confused about how it is setup. I already have a working copy of AMikit so I thought that I would replace all the files. Guess what? WHatever the mount is does not like that? I am getting no space left. The actual usb drive as about 3gb empty space.

So I delete the folder and copy to another mount on the usb then I symlink to Amikit under drive_c of .wine. Npw that works for the session but the files are replaced with a fresh new copy of AmiKit from somewhere else.

Anyway I am wondering why this is done in a complicated way like that. Would not it have been better if there was an Amikit mount that had enough storage

Author amigaluv
Partaker
#2 Posted: 31 Dec 2015 05:58 
Also it looks like it is not saving WinUAE data between sessions.

Author klesterjr
#3 Posted: 31 Dec 2015 10:53 
amigaluv

Convoluted? Hmmmm ...

AmiPUP is a squashfs image of an entire Linux OS (albeit a small one) AND AmiKit running entirely from ram, so your problem with just "copying" AmiKit is that you're running out of space. You are trying to fit TWO installs of AmiKit into that space (even if you deleted the first one) -- not gonna fit since AmiPUP has all the memory limitations of any 32bit OS! To do what you're trying to do, you need to remove the first OS, remaster the system, boot from that remaster, and then add the version you want to copy. OR just install the system files -- much simpler!

As for not saving your configuration between boots, it sounds like a problem with your save file (which you created the first time you shut down) or that the symlink you created references a drive that isn't mounted by AmiPUP (did you add it to your fstab or use another utility to mount the drive before attempting to boot?).

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Amipup is convoluted?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑