AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Customizing colors

Author JimmiG
Partaker
#1 Posted: 10 Dec 2015 15:02 Edited by: JimmiG 
I just installed Amikit and I'm having some trouble configuring it to my liking. I didn't like the default green theme, so the first thing I did was switch the theme using the MorhpeuZ program, which changed the window titlebars etc. but not everything else (window backgrounds, wallpaper etc.). I also went into Settings->Environment and change the backgrounds and wallpaper there. I then also looked into the MUI settings. However, some of the old OS 3.x prefs panels like ScreenMode and Time still have a puke-green background. I can't figure out where to change this particular color.

Also, is it possible to completely turn off the icon toolbar at the top of windows? I'm sure some like them, but to me they just make the Workbench look cluttered and un-authentic.

Sorry for the double-post. Got an error message the first time but apparently it went through.

Author JimmiG
Partaker
#2 Posted: 14 Dec 2015 13:04 
Ok, so I managed to figure it out eventually.

Colors: The green background color of the requesters is actually an image file. It can be changed using Prefs -> ReAction and either blanking the "Backdrop Pattern" box or choosing another image.

To make the lister toolbar go away, right click and choose Listers, View as, Icon instead of Icon Action. Then select Listers, Snapshot lister to save.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 14 Dec 2015 22:22 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi JimmiG. (Sorry for the delay. I was very busy)

Yes, MorpheuZ changes the window borders only.

Window background and wallpaper can be changed in DOpus settings together with many other settings (Right-mouse -> Settings -> Environment -> Backgrounds)

Background of system programs like ScreenMode, Time and others can be configured in SYS:Prefs/Reaction, like you said.

Regarding the icon tool bar at the top of windows - you are right, again. You can switch between the modes with hotkeys too:
right Amiga (or Windows key) + [ for name mode
right Amiga + ] for icon mode
right Amiga + ; for show all files or not
right Amiga + ' for icon action mode
right Amiga + \ to align all open windows
right Amiga + - to align all open windows horizontally
right Amiga + + to align all open windows vertically

For more info about DOpus features look into DOpus5:Help folder. There are digitally remastered versions of DOpus manuals in PDF format.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Customizing colors

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑