AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Screen Modes

Author Jimbo
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Aug 2006 15:54 
Hi There

Just thing I have to say how great Amikit is.

The problem I have is when playing games. The amikit desktop is set to 1280*1024

But when I play a game the game is in the top left of my screen, leaving the top right and all of the lower half black.

I was running Amigasys before I changed to Amikit and I was running the same screenmode on that and the games were dead centre of the screen with only a tiny border all the way around.

Is there a way to get Amikit to do the same?

Many thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 27 Aug 2006 19:42 
Hi Jimbo!

This is the WinUAE issue. Configure WinUAE/Display settings and enable centering, horizontal and vertical one.

Author Jimbo
Partaker
#3 Posted: 27 Aug 2006 22:34 
Hi there

Thank you very much for answering so quick. That didnt seem to fix my problem though :( I will paste some pictures so you can see what is happening. And im sure you will tell me how silly I am being and correct my errors :)

This is how the games look:

http://img70.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amigamevf3.jpg

This is the config I am changing and saving the details to, plus I load from this config from winuae:

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amiconfigsb9.jpg

And this is the display settings in winuae I am using:

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amidisplayly9.jpg

After using Amikit I really dont want to change back to AmigaSYS, even though AmigaSYS is great. Amikit has the options I really need.

And yet again what a great package it is. :)

Author Jimbo
Partaker
#4 Posted: 27 Aug 2006 22:36 

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 28 Aug 2006 16:58 
I cannot check it right now but I'll do it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can check the AmigaSYS WinUAE configuration. Are there any differences in WinUAE/Display settings? Maybe it's the bug of WinUAE 1.2.0 used in AmiKit. You can try to copy latest WinUAE.exe v1.3.1 into AmiKit\WinUAE\ drawer manually.

Author Jimbo
Partaker
#6 Posted: 28 Aug 2006 18:29 
Not to sure what AmigaSYS settings were, I will have to install it somewhere on my HD tonight and check. I will try and copy the new WinUAE.exe and see what happens.

Thanks for the help, will post back as soon as I try it :)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 28 Aug 2006 19:08 
You don't need to install AmigaSYS, just extract the WinUAE settings from the archive to see how it is configured.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 1 Sep 2006 17:46 
You might also try the "Force low resolution" option...

Author Jimbo
Partaker
#9 Posted: 8 Sep 2006 20:27 
Well I didnt get around to trying the above. But I had a format over the weekend. Reinstalled the new Amikit you have just released and the games now play in full screen.

Now I can enjoy my Amikit experience to the max.

Thanks you very much for such a great product.

Very happy

:)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 8 Sep 2006 21:33 
:)

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Screen Modes

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑