AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

How to install games?

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#1 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 15:18 
I have just installed AmiKit to see what its like. I did have a hard drive set up under WinUAE and could install games with no issues. However I am trying to install Premier Manager 2 and when I run the installation program on disk 3 nothing happens. Is there a reason as to why this does not work? Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 17:07 
Hi Morbeous. Thanks for trying AmiKit.

Please download Premier Manager II installer from this site and use it to install your game: http://whdload.de/games/Pr-Py.html

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#3 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 17:31 
Thanks I will give it a go

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#4 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 17:54 
Hmm I installed it and it tells me the data disks are damaged or tat it is an unsupported version. Theres nothing wrong with the disks as I installed it under a Classic Workbench hardfile I have. Would rather have everything under AmiKit as it looks better plus connects direct to aminet

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 18:15 
Did you use the same WHDLoad installer and the same game disks to install it under Classic Workbench?

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#6 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 18:25 
Under Classic Workbench I was able to install it using the installation program included on disk 3 of the game

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#7 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 18:43 
Just tried Premier manager 3 Deluxe andI also get the same problem with that. So thats 2 games I have tried with WHDLoad and neither have worked Very frustrating

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 9 Jul 2015 22:52 
I understand, of course. Can you try the WHDLoad game installer under Classic Workbench?

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#9 Posted: 10 Jul 2015 09:33 
Strange it doesnt work under Classic Workbench either with WHDLoad. Works fine if I use the games own installation file on disk 3 though under Classic Workbench but not AmiKit

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 10 Jul 2015 10:37 Edited by: AmiKit 
So it means the game disks you have are not supported by the particular WHDLoad installer (no matter if ClassicWB or AmiKit is used).

As I already explained here, if the game doesn't work in AmiKit, the only solution is to use WHDLoad installer. Therefore you have to find such game disks that are supported by WHDLoad installer. Generally WHDLoad supports original game disks. Cracked or altered game disks in any way might not be supported.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Author Morbeous
Partaker
#11 Posted: 10 Jul 2015 10:54 
ok thanks for your help

Author AmiKit
Admin
#12 Posted: 10 Jul 2015 12:51 
Alternatively, you can try to disable some patches in AmiKit - provided you know exactly what you are doing. First step is to disable WBStartup folder. Simply rename it so the programs inside won't get executed on next reboot. (You will probably need to press ESC to get rid of boot picture as it is normally terminated by program which is run from WBStartup).

If you want to disable most of the patches in AmiKit at once, rename your current S:Startup-Sequence to something else, and rename Startup-Sequence.safemode to Startup-Sequence and reboot.

If the game work in such safemode, you can try to enable patches one by one to find out which one is preventing your game from running. Sometimes it can be caused by combination of patches that makes this hunt process even more difficult. The most easy way is to find game disks that are supported by WHDLoad, like I described above.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 How to install games?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑