AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Going straight to AmiKit?

Author AmigaNoob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 14 Apr 2015 11:06 
I'd like to know how to go straight into AmiKit, and missing out the Menu at the start. When I double click the Icon, I then have to choose Run AmiKit. I'd like to be able to go straight to AmiKit.

Thanks for any help. I have looked and searched for quite some time. I bet it turns out, I'm not using the correct keywords or something?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 14 Apr 2015 23:36 
Download the following script file and place it to AmiKit folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490828/AmiKit/misc/RunAmiKit.bat

When double clicked, it runs AmiKit without showing the start menu.

Author AmigaNoob
Partaker
#3 Posted: 16 Apr 2015 20:23 Edited by: AmigaNoob 
Thanks for the reply, but sadly it comes back with "Could not load system ROM, trying system ROM replacement." Even though everything works fine with the normal Amikit loader.

EDIT: With a bit of messing about with the config file and repointing the ROMs and HDD folders again. Evening is back to normal. Thank you very much for a great Amikit pack - it really does help with everything.

You might like to add to your loader though, that one can go straight to loading up the emulation. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's too lazy to press yet a second button in Windows!

But thanks for answering my question. With a little bit of messing about now. I'll stick the amikat icon on a shortcut for the bat.

EDIT2: I would be nice, because sadly, a shortcut can't be pinned to the taskbar. (I've never tried before so I didn't know)

Author Amigo66
Partaker
#4 Posted: 3 May 2015 09:45 Edited by: Amigo66 
Hi,
I have a question. Can I use my preinstalled FS-uae for AmiKIT?
Sory, I forgot tell You, about my notebook and OS.
My NB is Asus Zenbook UX32VD with linux Xubuntu 14.04 LTS
Thanks for Your answeres

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 3 May 2015 22:47 
Yes. There's also a tutorial: "Installing AmiKit in FS-UAE"

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Going straight to AmiKit?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑