AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Problems setting up AmiKit and WinUAE on multi-monitor set up

Author haiki
Partaker
#1 Posted: 19 Oct 2014 18:14 
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up AmiKit on a three monitor set up. I have a 22" screen running at 1680x1050 on the left, and two 21.5" screens running at 1950x1080 on centre and right.

Now I've got AmiKit installed and I'm trying to set it up to work on the right side monitor, I try to set this in WinUAEs configuration but it always defaults back to the left monitor (the 22") which I use for web browsing.

What am I doing wrong? I'm not sure why AmiKit is always just defaulting to the left monitor, the only thing I've done with resolutions is change it from the default 1024x768 to 1680x1050 as this was the highest resolution available to me on the screen preferences settings within AmiKit. Would that cause the issue?

Once I've sorted this, is there a way to get AmiKit to run at the right side monitors native resolution? I'm not too bothered if it can't be maxed out but it would be nice if its possible.

Hope someone can help!

Many thanks!

Author haiki
Partaker
#2 Posted: 19 Oct 2014 18:17 
To add some more information...

I've managed to get AmiKit to begin start up on the right monitor but it then switches over to the left screen. It starts with a black screen with a small dark square in the middle of the screen, then it switches over to the left monitor when it gets to the desktop.

Author haiki
Partaker
#3 Posted: 19 Oct 2014 19:26 
So after fiddling around a bit further, I found that the Expansions section of WinUAE's settings was causing the issue!

So that part of it is totally fixed now and I even got it to run at the monitors native resolution.

Just one thing left...

I have WinUAE set for windowed fullscreen so that I should be able to move my mouse cursor across all screens without having to 'unlock' it from WinUAE. I've set this in the Display settings, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way of doing this?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 20 Oct 2014 09:57 Edited by: AmiKit 
What was wrong with the Expansion config in WinUAE?

Regarding the windowed mode, AmiKit should be set to windowed mode by default. Check the Display section of WinUAE, both Native and RTG settings should be set to Windowed.

More info about the WinUAE settings can be found here: http://www.vware.at/winuaehelp/

I've never used AmiKit on more monitors. Could you take some nice picture please? I'll post it on AmiKit Facebook if you don't mind Or you can post it there yourself. Thanks!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Problems setting up AmiKit and WinUAE on multi-monitor set up

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑