AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Changing Microsoft Windows hard disk icons in Amikit

Author Lars Lundin
Partaker
#1 Posted: 22 Aug 2014 00:12 
I would like to know how to change my Windows partition icon (WinDH_C) and my Windows backup partition icon (VistaImg) in Amikit.

Thanks in advance!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 22 Aug 2014 09:10 
First copy Disk.info file from AmiKit: to your Windows partitions. Then open CopyIcon program (click the start menu in bottom left corner -> Tools -> CopyIcon) and drag&drop the source icon to left window and drag&drop the destination icon (your Windows drive) to right window. Reboot and the destination icon will look like the source icon.

Author Lars Lundin
Partaker
#3 Posted: 22 Aug 2014 21:29 
I cannot copy Disk.info file from AmiKit: to my Windows partitions. Instead I receive this error message: An error occured copying "Disk.info"
DOS error code 205 - object not found.

Author Lars Lundin
Partaker
#4 Posted: 23 Aug 2014 21:46 
By the way. I found an alternative solution: I just shut down Amikit and then opened explorer.exe in Windows. Then I copied my WindowsDisk.info (icon file) from C:\AmiKit\AmiKit\Internet\Downloads\Icons to C:\ and then renamed it to Disk.info. And I did the same procedure for my Windows backup partition. Then I just restarted Amikit and so I got the icons I wanted.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 25 Aug 2014 08:39 
Good to hear it works for you!

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Changing Microsoft Windows hard disk icons in Amikit

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑