AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Loading .adf files...

Author iced_nine
Partaker
#1 Posted: 16 Aug 2014 21:40 
Running on Win 7 and AmiKit shows its desktop and installed with no issue. I am curious now how to run .adf files or play games if you will using it... also where are the downloads stored from the internet? Does WinZip work in this environment? Thanks!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 18 Aug 2014 12:50 
Hi and welcome to the forum!

The ADF games are usually meant to be run without AmigaOS desktop running in background. The best method how to run & play ADF games is to run the WinUAE configuration window and specify the path to the ADF files in "Floppy drives" section. Also don't forget to adjust the emulation to the game requirements (A500 vs A1200), etc. For more info please check the chapter named "How to use an ADF file" of this website: http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/winuaeguide/uae-adf.htm

Downloads folder can be found in AmiKit:Internet/Downloads folder.

WinZip, as the name suggests, is a Windows program and as such it won't work in AmiKit, of course. Check out similar program in AmiKit environemnt, eg. MUIUnArc or VooDoo-X. Click the green eye start button in lower left corner of AmiKit, select Tools and there you can see a section of programs for un/archiving.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Loading .adf files...

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑