AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

AmiKit fails to install

Author Katakis
#1 Posted: 25 Feb 2014 12:00 
I have the Amiga Forever 2008 Edition and have followed the instructions here. I got to the point where Workbench asks me to insert the Amiga Forever into the drive and press return. When I do this, however, I get this message

Installing the system components... PLEASE WAIT
AmigaForever:Amiga Files/System/dir/System/C/Execute: file is write protected

And the installation terminates. Which is funny because I accessed my WB30 hard disk and mounted the directory, and found out that Execute already has a checkmark next to Writable.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 25 Feb 2014 15:09 
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I'll check the script and get back to you ASAP.

What language did you select when installing AmiKit?

Thanks.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 26 Feb 2014 22:52 
Hi, I fixed the install startup-sequence2 for AmiKit for Linux. Download the v1.7 from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/490828/AmiKit/LinuxFix/Startup-Sequence2

And copy it to AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/InstallStartup/Linux/ folder.

Author Katakis
Partaker
#4 Posted: 1 Mar 2014 03:30 Edited by: Katakis 
Sorry, I have copied exactly where you said, but I keep getting the same error message.

As for your answer to your question what language I used, I selected English as my language.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 6 Mar 2014 00:07 Edited by: AmiKit 
Sorry for the delay.

Hmm... is it really a Linux version of AmiKit you're trying to install? To make sure the "startup-sequence2" is called, copy "startup-sequence" from the very same folder to AmiKit:S folder and try again.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 AmiKit fails to install

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑