AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

How to add EpsonQ as my printer

Author Robert Sanchez
Partaker
#1 Posted: 1 Mar 2013 22:51 
Can anyone tell me how to add the EpsonQ printer as my preferred printer in Amikit. Right now the printer is set to generic in Prefs. I do see the EpsonQ in the storage folder, but Winuae crashes if I click on it.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 2 Mar 2013 03:03 
Move the EpsonQ file from Storage/Printers to Devs/Printers folder. And remove the generic file from there if present. Then restart AmiKit.

Did it help?

Author Anonymous
#3 Posted: 2 Mar 2013 05:08 
Yes, your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks so much for you quick response!

If you don't mind I have one more question related to the printer.

I have Final Writer 5.03 installed. When I print using the EpsonQ driver, I get plain text with none of the formatting I apply such as underlining and bold. Do you have any suggestions I might try?

Thanks again for your help.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 2 Mar 2013 12:38 
I have never used Final Writer. And it's a long time since I used printer with Amiga too.

As far as I remember there are more possibilities how to print, eg. GhostScript using Amiga: http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/gs860_68020fpu

or Windows:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=21030

Hope it helps.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 How to add EpsonQ as my printer

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑