AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Newbie - upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 Amikit start screen (withcat) but just hangs

Author Ian
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 Aug 2012 18:47 
I tried to install 1.6 but had error so installed 1.5 then upgraded to 1.6 (automatic update). Now when I start Amikit it loads the startup screen and the loading bar progress' to the end but it just hangs - have left it for over 4 hours!! I used AmigaForever 2005 premium for roms etc.
I'm running Windows Vista
When I hit configure WinUAE I can see two configurations
1. DEFAULT (AmiKit v1)
2. AmiKit_v1 (AmiKit v1)
I tried both and the same result

Any ideas, thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 8 Aug 2012 20:50 
Hi Ian, welcome to the Support Forum.

If the startup screen is there for long time, usually some error requester is behind it. And it blocks the startup proces. Hit the ESC key to close the startup screen. Is there anything?

Also, what problems you had when installing 1.6.0?

Author Ian
Partaker
#3 Posted: 9 Aug 2012 22:17 
Hi, thanks for feedback.

Hitting ESC reveals a Amiga window which appears to have started up in a Workbench 1.3 screen mode with blocky icons clock and calendar overlaid with each other, although Amiga mouse appears to work. But the screen is really unusable.

Problem encountered installing 1.6 appears similar to what other users have experienced on this forum i.e. everything looking good and then when selecting AmigaForever (2005 premium) cd installation starts then stops at the third >>>.
I can only say that at that stage of the 1.5 install appears to initiate a further requester which asks you to confirm the limitations of the copying process from the AmigaForever cd. When you answer yes to this requester the 1.5 install proceeds OK. In the 1.6 install you (I) didn't get prompted for that additional requester. Hope that makes sense.

cheers Ian

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 11 Aug 2012 02:11 Edited by: AmiKit 
Okay, let's focus on your current 1.5 installation. Please download and install Engine Update first.

If it doesn't help, download the latest WinUAE ZIP archive from http://www.winuae.net, extract it and copy WinUAE.exe to your installed AmiKit folder and overwrite WinUAE.exe there.

Also check what version of AmiKit is currently installed. Open the following file and tell me what it says, please:
YourAmiKitDir\AmiKit\Prefs\Env-Archive\AmiKitVersion

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Newbie - upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 Amikit start screen (withcat) but just hangs

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑