AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

Old Games Screen Resolution?

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 18 Apr 2012 18:48 
Hello,

I'm running Amiga Forever/AmiKit in 1920 x 1200 on my 26" monitor,
Running games in full screen GFX are blocky which is obvious running in this resolution,

But is there away to run games full screen via WHDLoad in there native resolution? I can deal with black boarders all
around my screen I just need a smaller crisper picture quality,

Sorry if my explanation was a bit Dumb

Cheers,

Fat Bob

"Amiga user since 1990 & now back for 2012"

Author LogMan
Partaker
#2 Posted: 18 Apr 2012 19:51 
Hi Bob,

I use Amiga Forever to run games, unless I'm running AmigaSYS or AmiKit.

My native resolution is 1680x1050, but when I first run any game it starts up in a small screen, and then if I want a full screen mode I just click on the full screen icon.

With AmiKit, when I installed it, it gives you the choice of screen resolution and I picked 1280x1024 as that seemed to work best for full screeen in games, same for AmigaSYS, when I installed it, I chose a smaller resolution too.

I'm new to this too and some things are confusing alright compared to the old days of running a real Amiga.

I don't think I've run games from WHDload so I'm not sure how exactly you'd change things from there.

Paul.

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#3 Posted: 18 Apr 2012 20:24 
How do Paul,

I Think I shall have a fiddle with AmiKits resolution & set it to 1280x1024 as you said, I guess the resolutions have to meet
in the middle for the best result, Also I'm tempted to dig out
my A1200 Power Tower from the spare room & boot the old
girl up

Right im off gonna check out the match on TV.

Cheers,

BOB

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#4 Posted: 19 Apr 2012 00:15 
My native resolution is 1680x1050, but when I first run any game it starts up in a small screen, and then if I want a full screen mode I just click on the full screen icon.

Hi,

I know what you mean Paul, I Don't have Amikit running in a window on win 7 desktop I Boot to full screen, What would be nice is to run AmiKit on win 7 desktop but with a scalable boarderless window i.e use the cursor to resize/stretch the window instead of X1 x2 size.

Maybe I Should post the above in the requests section, On saying that I think that its a Winuae/Amiga forever issue .

PS. Bloody hell this brings back memory's posting about Amiga stuff.

Cheers,

Bob

Author LogMan
Partaker
#5 Posted: 19 Apr 2012 01:54 
I know what you mean Paul, I Don't have Amikit running in a window on win 7 desktop I Boot to full screen, What would be nice is to run AmiKit on win 7 desktop but with a scalable boarderless window i.e use the cursor to resize/stretch the window instead of X1 x2 size.

Yes, that is exactly what confused me too, I was first booting into a 1680x1050 screen, but it was slightly larger than my screen so top/bottom was partly hidden and I couldn't find the non-existent sizing gadget

I assume the "match" you were going to watch was the Chelsea-Barc game ?

If so, yes, I watched it too here in Alberta Canada

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#6 Posted: 19 Apr 2012 02:56 
I assume the "match" you were going to watch was the Chelsea-Barc game ?

If so, yes, I watched it too here in Alberta Canada

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#7 Posted: 19 Apr 2012 03:10 
Yes Chelsea-Barc game, I Have a very good friend over there Ontario we talk much via Phone & Skype, Cool to know you like your football... Sorry Soccer...

A Little surprised the Amiga had an impacked in north america/canada. It was more Europe.

PS, I'm from Manchester UK, I'm sure you know my team Soccer/Football I support ............

Take care mate,

BOB

Author LogMan
Partaker
#8 Posted: 19 Apr 2012 03:33 
A Little surprised the Amiga had an impacked in north america/canada. It was more Europe.

PS, I'm from Manchester UK, I'm sure you know my team Soccer/Football I support ............

I thought it was worldwide, I started with the Vic-20 and worked my way up.

I emigrated from England in 1964 from Stoke-on-Trent, so that's why I like soccer so much, and I'm a ManU fan from the Busby Babes days

To keep this on-topic,( ) if you want to change the screen resolution from within AmiKit, use the screenmode AmiKit app and choose a resolution smaller than your native one, I had to experiment for different games but it works well.

Paul.

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#9 Posted: 26 Apr 2012 03:23 
Anyway,
Paul ... Pm Me Man U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxNLZ13GbF0

Yep,,

Last time I was at OT was the Roma game when we put 7 past them..

Aye..

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 Old Games Screen Resolution?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑