AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 10
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /  

How to add original a1200 hdd (hdf) !?

Author useless
Partaker
#1 Posted: 24 Jul 2010 17:24 
Hi,
long time ago I've worked with Amiga etc. so here it comes:

I installed Amikit and everythings works fine.

Yesterday, I ripped my original A1200 Harddisk with Winuae to a *.hdf file.
Integration with a simple Winuae setup (without amikit) works very well.
It boots the hdf and my old A1200 appears ;)

But now, I wanna add the *.hdf file under Amikit to manage and sort my old stuff. (I don't wanna boot from it, just add to the system like adding windows drives etc.)

I've tryed it in the same way as on the simple Winuae setup (hdf file, bffs1.3 filesystem, hd0, ide0) but the drive/hdd won't get listed on Amikit.

Any tips ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 9 Aug 2010 12:20 
Add your hdf before you start the emulation. If you mount it while the emulation runs, a reboot is required. If your hdf doesn't show up, run AmiKit:Tools/HDToolbox program. It should popup a request that the HDD needs to be updated in order to be visible - at least I hope so.

Anyway, you can still connect your original HDD to your PC and it should be visible in AmiKit.

Basic questions, I am new here AmiKit Support Forum / Basic questions, I am new here /
 How to add original a1200 hdd (hdf) !?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑