AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /  

Amiga key on Mac for emulating right-mouseclick

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Jan 2019 13:31 Edited by: amikit_noob 
Specs: AmiKitX 10.5.2 for Mac, OSXL as source, updated WinUAE, iMac early 2009, 2.66GHz, 4 GB Ram, High Sierra 10.13.6, Danish keyboard layout on Mac and AmikitX.

Hi, I don't know which key is the "Left Amiga key" and "Right Amiga key" on the Mac keyboard.

I need to find and use the Amiga key so I can emulate right-mouse-click inside AmiKitX, because my mouse is broken, my mouse can't right-click, so I need to emulate right-mouse-click on the Amiga itself (using Amiga + Right-Alt ).

I cant find the Amiga key, and I have tried to remap another key on the mac keyboard to the Amiga key, using remap in the WinUae settings, but that did not work...(maybe I did it wrong)

I use Danish keyboard layout on the Mac itself, and Danish keyboard layout on the Amiga/AmikitX.

Any help is appreciated

amikit_noob

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#2 Posted: 6 Jan 2019 14:12 
EDIT:
I plugged in a Windows keyboard on the iMac computer,
and press the Home key on the Windows keyboard,
the Home key is the Amiga key (but I don't know if Home is Left Amiga or Right Amiga) ...

the Home key and Ins key on Windows keyboard on the iMac seems to be the Amiga keys - but Amiga + Right-Alt does not right click on the workbench

so now I think that right-alt is the key I need to find....

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 7 Jan 2019 10:56 
Hi, to be honest, I am struggling with that issue too - my Mac's OPTION keys are not mapped to AMIGA keys at all.

But you might try to fix it by following this guide: http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/winekeymap.html

To fine-tune the keyboard mapping even more you might experiment with WinUAE/Input settings. I recommend to use the latest version of WinUAE.

Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /
 Amiga key on Mac for emulating right-mouseclick

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑