AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /  

AmiKit USB-Stick not booting on MacBook Air 11" from late 2010

Author FrustratedMac
Partaker
#1 Posted: 13 Oct 2015 20:13 
Hello,

I assume there will be no solution, so just the information that it is not working.
To "see" the USB-Stick you have to install rEFInd, the Apple bootmenu did not show the AmiKit USB-Stick.

rEFInd can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/refind/

My Mac

The REFInd Bootmenu

The error that appears... not very much.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 14 Oct 2015 09:35 
Oh well. Does it mean that this article did not help? http://puppylinux.org/wikka/Installation_on_Apple_Macintosh

Author klesterjr
Partaker
#3 Posted: 14 Oct 2015 12:51 
FrustratedMac
As noted in it's description, AmiPUP is not compatible with Macs of any sort (in fact, it cannot boot from any EFI system). However, if you want to keep trying, I have been able to boot it from a physical CD in an external CD drive. I didn't actually install it, so I don't know if rEFInd would be able to find it.

Author FrustratedMac
Partaker
#4 Posted: 18 Oct 2015 16:29 
No the article did not help. I have installed ReFind, the stick is available, but if boot from it I got the "Boot error".
This mean the starting process itself work, but AmiPUP seems not to be running on the Mac.

Mac related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Mac related questions /
 AmiKit USB-Stick not booting on MacBook Air 11" from late 2010

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top