Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

° Forums ° Search ° Register ° Reply ° Statistics ° FAQ ° DONATE 
I have Mac specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Mac specific question /

WHDLoad Games - ROM files location

Author slygon
Registered
#1 ° Posted: 30 Jan 2015 15:25 ° Edited by: slygon 
I am trying to get the games to work in AmiKit 8.2 on my MacBook Air (running OS X Yosemite). I have been able to get AmiKit installed OK, but I can't seem to figure out how or where to put the ROMS necessary to get the games working.

I followed the notes in the Mac specific install guide, but it doesn't seem to work.... I am sure I am just missing something simple..

Can someone share a screen shot or a full description of where the ROMS should go, and what they should be called? (and which ones... I have the Amiga Forever DVD.)

Thanks!

Eric Lamb

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 ° Posted: 30 Jan 2015 17:38 
Here it is, Eric!

Kickstarts

Author slygon
Registered
#3 ° Posted: 30 Jan 2015 18:10 
That worked perfectly! Thanks! I was putting the ROMS out in the Mac folder with the other AmiKit files, not inside of the amiga environment... once I did that, it all works!

Thanks again! I am having fun playing with this! I was a big Commodore user back in the 80's and 90's... never owned a real Amiga, but many of my friends did... I am trying to get into them a bit now. This is a wonderful package! I ordered one of the USB Drives last week, looking forward to getting that!

Eric

Author Palo
Registered
#4 ° Posted: 4 Aug 2017 23:00 
Hello there! I have the same problem, that slygon, i tried to play monnkey island in amikit and it goes error 205 cant found kick34005.a500 please help!

Author IvanEBC
Registered
#5 ° Posted: 5 Aug 2017 09:48 
Palo:
Hello there! I have the same problem, that slygon, i tried to play monnkey island in amikit and it goes error 205 cant found kick34005.a500 please help!

Your devs:kickstarts needs to be populated with the many kickstarts that exists for the various Amigas. So if a game only worked on an Amiga 500, you need the Amiga 500 kickstart as it seems to be looking for.

I'm pretty sure distributing these roms is not exactly legal, but you know what you are looking for .... one easy way if using Amiga explorer and a real Amiga 500, that allows you to copy the amigas rom file over to your PC/Mac.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 ° Posted: 13 Aug 2017 14:22 
Please note that no ROMs are included with AmiKit due to copyright reasons. You can always import them according to AmiKit X Quick guide from eg. Amiga Forever or AmigaOS4. For more details where to locate the ROMs, please read "put kick.rom here.txt" file located in your installed AmiKit/ROMs folder.

To enable WHDLoad support in AmiKit so you can play games installed by WHDLoad tool, copy Kickstart ROM 3.1 (A1200) image file to the AmiKit/RabbitHole/T folder and rename it to “kick40068.A1200”. AmiKit will install it from that place automatically.

If you have other Kickstart ROM images such as kick33180.A500, kick34005.A500, kick40063.A600 and kick40068.A4000, copy them to the AmiKit/RabbitHole/T folder too.

I have Mac specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Mac specific question / WHDLoad Games - ROM files location Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0