AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Mac specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Mac specific question /  

From Dopus to Workbench

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author Shufflepuck
#1 Posted: 29 Dec 2011 13:19 
Hi all, and congrats for the awesome update!

AmiKit 1.6 works like a charm on my MacBook Pro

Just wanted to report that by switching from Dopus Magellan to Workbench and rebooting AmiKit freezes at the loading screen (I guess there's a reason why Morpheus says it's experimental after all ).

Keep on with the g00d work!

Cheers,
Shufflepuck

Author Shufflepuck
#2 Posted: 29 Dec 2011 15:57 
Reinstalled from scratch and now it works Guess I was using pUAE.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 29 Dec 2011 22:30 
Self-fixed, love it

Author genny_flick
#4 Posted: 5 May 2012 21:22 
In my case it works but if I open a .lha archive a requester tell me 'multiview cannot open this file'. How I can fix?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 5 May 2012 23:48 Edited by: AmiKit 
I don't use Workbench anymore, but you might try to right-click the archive, select information and change the multiview to unarc (or AmiKit:Tools/UnArc)

Author genny_flick
#6 Posted: 6 May 2012 00:10 
There is a way to modify all files in one time?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 6 May 2012 08:59 Edited by: AmiKit 
Yes, there is. The program which takes care of this is called... hmmm... actually I think there is more than one... the second one is called... hmmm... Don't you want to use Magellan instead? It's much more advanced that Workbench.

Anyway, the first program is AmiKit:Prefs/DefIcons. As far as I remember here you can configure what program will be used to open files with no icon (with no .info file).

But if the particular file already has an .info file, the program that is used to open it is defined there and DefIcon cannot change it. In this case, you can use AmiKit:Prefs/MCPPrefs and configure the ToolAlias settings.

Taken from MCP manual:
Who hasn't double clicked on the icon of a guidefile only to be annoyed by a requester with the text Unable to open your tool XXX. And that only because the author of the guide file likes to use AmigaGuide while you use MultiView. Or you have the program on a different place on your harddrive.

With this feature it is possible to virtually change the Default tool of the icons. If you want to install a piece of software on your HD from floppy, usually Installer will be loaded from the floppy, with this feature you can let it be started from your HD instead.

On the Lists/ToolAlias page, press New and enter the string to be changed. Wildcards are allowed and are recommended e.g. #? Next type or pick the filename to be used instead.

Example: #?AmigaGuide --> SYS:System/MultiView

This will re-route all calls to AmigaGuide regardless what the path was to SYS:System/MultiView. For those of you who wonder why SYS: that's because I work with 2 boot partitions (System: and Workbench:) and SYS: is always the current bootpartition.

Author genny_flick
#8 Posted: 6 May 2012 09:23 
Thank you for your support, but I have another question: is it possible to disable transparency from menu so graphics is more fast in a real Amiga? I use an A4000/040 overclocked to 27MHz with a ZorRam 128Mb and a Picasso II. Best regards.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 6 May 2012 09:40 Edited by: AmiKit 
You're welcome.

Do you mean the right-click menus? It's Magic Menu that is responsible for transparency and other extra menu features. You can disable the program completely by moving the MagicMenu from AmiKit:WBStartup folder to AmiKit:WBStartup/Disabled folder. Or you can just disable the transparency in AmiKit:Prefs/MagicMenuPrefs.

Feel free to ask more, just create new thread with corresponding name so the other users can find it too. Thanks!

Author genny_flick
#10 Posted: 6 May 2012 11:11 
Thank you mate Please, now the main problem is Amistart, I have see there is another thread for it and I have posted there without answer.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#11 Posted: 6 May 2012 11:45 Edited by: AmiKit 
I've just posted an answer to the thread you mentioned.

Also check out the documentation of AmiStart.

Author FrustratedMac
#12 Posted: 9 May 2013 18:15 
Just want to mention that I have now the same problem.
I switched from Magellan to Workbench and now AmiKit is no more booting on my Mac.

I do not have the 3.9 CD here to do again an installation. I am on a working trip, any idea how to fix this? How can I change back if the original Workbench is not working?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 9 May 2013 19:28 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi, what does it mean "AmiKit is no more booting" exactly?

Do you see the booting picture and it doesn't go away? If so, press ESC key to quit the picture. There might be some requester waiting for your action behind it. If so, please tell me what it asks for.

If your AmiKit boots into Shell/CLI only, please type the following:

Delete S:AmiKit-StartOS

And reboot. It should force the system to boot into Magellan again.

Author FrustratedMac
#14 Posted: 10 May 2013 16:02 
I just saw the splash screen, nothing more.

ESC key seems not to be working on a Mac, but I pressed random keys and the splash screen disappears. There is an error requester that the ttengine could not be found...

Strange that my Mouse is now not working and booting takes up to 10 Minutes... Will try a new installation, just got my OS3.9 CD from the server at home.

An AmiKit installation based on P-UAE would be fine, because just changing the executable is not working...

Author FrustratedMac
#15 Posted: 10 May 2013 16:06 
Exact error requester is: The program "LimpidClock.ttengine" can not be found.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
I have Mac specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Mac specific question /
 From Dopus to Workbench

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top