AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 191 [17 Oct 2019 17:54]
Guests - 191 / Members - 0
Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /  

Amigakit X Wor

Author tommywright
Partaker
#1 Posted: 8 May 2019 16:38 
Hardware:
Asus Chromebox (64 bit) with 4 gigs ram
GalliumOS Broadwell (based on latest Ubuntu LTS)
Installation:
Using Amiga Forever for Amiga OS
Screenmode:
Fullscreen X11 Windowing System (think that's what you're asking here)
Amiga Desktop Manager:
Whatever it defaults to I guess

I got through installation and live update but when I try to run something, it freezes and when I reboot, I get this error in a regular looking Amiga window....

FileSystem.resource version 45 already resident.
Loading FileSystem.resource failed: object already exists
ShowAmiga96

Any help would be great

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 8 May 2019 17:41 
Hi Tommy, thanks for your post and welcome to the Forum.

Is it the latest AmiKit X 10.5.3? Do you know when the error appeared? Was it even before the 10.5.3 update?

Well, this is the first time I see such error. Probably the most easiest way would be to re-install AmiKit X. If you don't have the installer anymore, I can gladly re-activate you the download link. Just let me know.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Author tommywright
Partaker
#3 Posted: 8 May 2019 17:47 
I reinstalled it again just now and it seems to work okay as long as I don't update Amikit... so something in the update is wrecking Amikit X. I'm currently using 10.2.

Author tommywright
Partaker
#4 Posted: 8 May 2019 17:53 
AmiKit

I think we were writing at the same time.

Ironically, I had just reinstalled because I thought it might have something to do with updating... and it does. 10.2 seems to work okay. I've been playing with it for about 20 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure if I use the live update, I will get the same issue as before.

Let me know what I should do.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 8 May 2019 18:01 
Hi Tommy,

I've just tested it here - I installed AmiKit X 10.2 with AmigaForever and then updated AmiKit to the latest version 10.5.3 via Live Update. Everything seems to work here.

Maybe you used A4000 Kickstart ROM with AmiKit? Can you check and make sure your AmiKit uses the right A1200 Kickstart ROM 3.1 file?

Anyway, now when your AmiKit 10.2 works, backup AmiKit/AmiKit/AmiKit.hdf file before you go Live Update. And if anything goes wrong, you don't need to re-install again, just simply restore the AmiKit.hdf file.

Hope it helps.
Jan

Author tommywright
Partaker
#6 Posted: 8 May 2019 18:28 
I saw it get through the updates and then a window popped up just before reboot that said...

At least one window (of an alien program) is still open on the boot screen.
ShowAmiga96 will stay in the background until all windows are closed...

Now it kinda works... it's super flaky though. I ran pacman and it was fine. Another World just displays a green screen but I can F10 out of it. I tried opening up a folder (Amiga Forever) and it created a bunch of ~~~~ lines and I had to quit out of Amikit at that point. I can run demos but can't seem to get out of them (have to quit out of amikit).

...but it's running! I guess the third time was the charm. I'll back up that hdf also.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 8 May 2019 18:45 
I am glad it works for you now!

Regarding that update - if it takes longer (on slower computers), ShowAmiga96 (the boot picture) quits with that "alien window" message, but the update continues in background and reboots automatically when finished.

Regarding Another World, please read our Quick Guide http://bit.ly/AmiKit-QuickGuide how to set up controls in WinUAE so you can play the game.

Regarding those demos, well, you cannot get out of most of them on real Amiga either, right?

Enjoy AmiKit!
Jan

Linux related questions AmiKit Support Forum / Linux related questions /
 Amigakit X Wor

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑