Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /

bad sound quality on linux but not windows on same computer

Author roarfrow
Registered
#1 Posted: 7 Sep 2017 00:27 
Any idea why the sound is so bad on native screens playing games on the linux version, but not on windows? Im using latest amigaforever for os and amikitx.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Sep 2017 00:30 
You might want to adjust WinUAE/Sound settings. Press F12 and select Sound from left column and try, for example, to increase Sound Buffer Size.

Author roarfrow
Registered
#3 Posted: 7 Sep 2017 01:54 
Looks like it is fine if I do not access winuae config. durring the emulation and make any changes. If I leave all the settings the same, loading multiple games and exiting the sounds fine. So i have to make any changes to the config before I boot up the amiga for the first time. Is this just me, or a known issue on linux? On windows I can do all the changing and saving anytime and no issues. Also,I seem to have messed up the default config file for winuae, I have to load the right one every time I start up now. Any idea how to set the default config file?Thanks for your help!

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 7 Sep 2017 01:59 
Hmmm I don't recall any similar problems with Linux, but I don't use it very often.

AmiKit always loads AmiKit.uae config file - in WinUAE/Configrations it is the one displayed as "AmiKit (Default configuration)"

Load any config you prefer, make changes if necessary, then mark this "AmiKit (Default configuration)" entry and press SAVE button. This way your current config should be saved as the default one.

I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question / bad sound quality on linux but not windows on same computer Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 1 [ AmiKit ]
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0