AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /  

AmiKit - RabbitHole programs stay-on-top of fullscreen AmiKit-X desktop ?

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#1 Posted: 7 Apr 2017 12:05 
Hi AmiKit,
looking forward to AmiKit-X

When AmiKit desktop is in fullscreen, and I open Firefox (Rabbithole), can I then force Firefox to stay on top of the fullscreen AmiKit desktop, so that Firefox is always visible/on top, even when I click back onto the fullscreen AmiKit desktop ?

So that Firefox (RabbitHole) program doesn't "hide" behind the AmiKit fullscreen desktop, when I click back onto the AmiKit-X fullscreen desktop? (That would really make it feel like the linux programs are truly part of the AmiKit desktop and behaves like it) ?

Thanks
Regards

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Apr 2017 14:04 
Not sure about fullscreen, but the following command should do the trick if AmiKit is set to full window:

wmctrl -r WinUAE -b add,below

Note the command should be run when WinUAE is running

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#3 Posted: 14 Apr 2017 20:13 
This code, where should I type it, I am using "AmiKit8 for Windows" and Windows7.

wmctrl -r WinUAE -b add,below

I tried typing it in Command promt in Windows, and I tried typing it in Amiga Shell in AmiKit...

How do I use that line of code ?

Thanks
Regards
amikit_noob

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 16 Apr 2017 22:47 
It's for Linux only. The command should be typed to Terminal. Sorry if I did not mention it before.

Author amikit_noob
Partaker
#5 Posted: 17 Apr 2017 09:26 
Hi AmiKit,
no need to say sorry

I'm using windows + AmiKit now, and we can use other third party programs to make Firefox (RabbitHole programs)
stay on top in Windows, without the need for a code.

So everything is good

Here is a list of what programs / how to make Windows programs stay on top of AmiKit desktop
(Personally I use "TurboTop" program from this list)

https://www.howtogeek.com/196958/the-3-best-ways-to-make-a-window-always-on-top-on-wi ndows/

Keep up the good work, I look forward to buying/using AmiKit X

Regards
amikit_noob

I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /
 AmiKit - RabbitHole programs stay-on-top of fullscreen AmiKit-X desktop ?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top