AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /  

Installing Amikit on New Motorola XT 1585

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 30 Oct 2015 15:52 
New phone to market. Downloaded AmigaForver Accessories and Amikit . Moved rom and rom.key from AmigaForever Accessories to respective folders in Amikit. Moved adf folder to Amikit AmigaForever folder. Boots to Amiga DOS then to Workbench. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

Author Lubomyr
Partaker
#2 Posted: 31 Oct 2015 20:16 
Try to read this blog about installation of amikit
http://kuya-marc.blogspot.com/2015/08/amikit-for-android-successful-install.html

You do not need to move adf folder from android version of AmigaForever essential. It is a wrong step.
You need to copy content of amiga forever CD (for PC) to amikit folder of android device.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 2 Nov 2015 04:34 
OK, when I copy the iso files to the AmigaForever folder in Amikit, I'm able to copy the "Amiga" folder from the AmigaForever ISO but when I attempt to copy "Amiga files" after it begins to copy the file it runs for a couple of minutes then I get a file error. I've removed and reinstalled both Amikit and reloaded the rom files. Ideas? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#4 Posted: 4 Nov 2015 04:14 
I loaded the iso files from AmigaForever cd to sd1 in my android phone. I used the extract app to extract the iso to the AmigaForever folder in Amikit. When I run Amikit it does not find the OS. Where am I going wrong here? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#5 Posted: 5 Nov 2015 00:10 
The post I made about the file getting an error was on a Motorola Moto X with 16GB of internal memory and no SD slot. The post I made concerning not finding the OS was when I attempted to install Amikit on a Motorola XT1585 with 32GB of internal memory and 64GB SD card. I think the Moto X error was not enough memory whereas the XT1585 has more than enough memory.

I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /
 Installing Amikit on New Motorola XT 1585

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top