AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /  

Install Amikit via AmiPup

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#1 Posted: 27 Sep 2015 23:43 Edited by: zeke1312 
I have AmiPup booted. I have the Amiga Forever DVD. I copy the roms file from Amiga Forever to "copy system roms here" and re-name to kick.rom. I copied adf files to amigaos3.5. Is that correct? When I boot AmiKit it says no kickroms found. Why? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#2 Posted: 27 Sep 2015 23:54 
correction. kickrom should be kick.rom. Where do I move keyfile? What should I have in "copy files here"?

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#3 Posted: 28 Sep 2015 06:39 
The message I get is "failed to load kickstart/image/root/myapplications/amiga/rom/kick.rom"

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#4 Posted: 28 Sep 2015 08:12 
If I go to the location notd in my previous post I see all the kick.rom files.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 Sep 2015 16:20 
I must be asking stupid questions?

Author klesterjr
#6 Posted: 28 Sep 2015 21:45 
Hey zeke1312!

Move the keyfile to the same drawer that kick.rom is in.

Copy the ENTIRE contents of the AF CD to the appropriate sub-folder in the "copy files here" folder. It should have a sub-folder named Amiga Forever (or something like that).

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#7 Posted: 29 Sep 2015 00:49 Edited by: zeke1312 
Hi, When I look in "copy roms here" I see kick.rom then the roms including "rom.key". I have all the AF files in the Amiga Files. I don't understand why UAE doesn't find the roms in kick.rom. The rom.key is in the same file. UAE returns the comment "error while reading kickstart. Then it says "Failed to load kickstart/ima

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#8 Posted: 29 Sep 2015 03:34 
OK, I reloaded AmiPup to a usb stick. From my Amiga Forever DVD I moved all Amiga Forever files to "copy source files here". I copied the rom file to "copy system roms here" and renamed to kick.rom. UAE cannot find (failed to load" the kick.rom. The rom.key is there also. Should that be moved to some other location? When I open the kick.rom folder I see the roms.

Author klesterjr
#9 Posted: 29 Sep 2015 11:47 
zeke1312

kick.rom should be a file, not a folder.

UAE is looking for a rom file named "kick.rom" NOT a folder named "kick.rom"

The kick.rom file and the rom.key file should both be in the same folder.

Hope that helps.

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#10 Posted: 29 Sep 2015 16:47 
I'm new to Amiga and Pup so I have many questions. Sorry. . What I've been doing is this. I make a copy of AmikPup on a usb stick. I use my Amiga Forever DVD and copy a File(?) from a blue icon named "Amiga Files" on my AF DVD to the blue icon copy to "configuration files here". I then copy rom file (blue) the "copy roms here then change the name to kick.rom.

So my problem is this, what is a file, a folder and the blue icon? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#11 Posted: 29 Sep 2015 18:26 Edited by: zeke1312 
What is the blue icon? What is the "gear" icon found within a blue icon? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#12 Posted: 30 Sep 2015 20:11 
Why does UAE not see where I moved the rom file? Can you explain in detail how I need to move the rom file on the AF DVD to the rom folder on AmiPUP? What I do is move the rom file on the AF DVD to the rom icon on the workbench. Then within the file or folder or whatever it's called I rename the folder to "kick.rom". UAE can't find it. Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#13 Posted: 1 Oct 2015 21:48 Edited by: zeke1312 
UAE path to the kick.rom file is my-applications/amiga/rom/kick.rom, at least that's what is shown on the memory tab. I go to that location and I do not find the rom file.

OK, here's another approach to my problem. Can you load AmiPUP and Amikit and sell the thumb drive to me? Thank you

Author zeke1312
Partaker
#14 Posted: 3 Oct 2015 03:45 
No more ides?Has anyone got this thing to work? ;)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#15 Posted: 5 Oct 2015 00:04 
There is an installation video, maybe it might be helpful? https://youtu.be/zMpHC8saGew

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /
 Install Amikit via AmiPup

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top