AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /  

Howto use AmiKit with UAE (linux) ?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author BiL0
Partaker
#1 Posted: 6 Jun 2006 17:16 
Hi there,
first I want to say tanx for the great work you have done to get this package to the state it is. I would love to have a real amiga capable to do what AmiKit does :)

However, I have an install that I am working on.
I use the KNX light(from AF2006) to boot in to a small Linux install and then I use my personalized version of OS3.9 install as a system.
I use the same Workbench folder in Winuae and by adding the AmiKit folder I can use almost all the programs without any major issue (like Jabberwocky or IBrowse, AmiTRAde etc.
If I do the same on my Linux install I can only use AWeb as internet program. Every other program (especially Jabberwocky) it crashes the system as soon as I try to connect to the internet.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? I mean I guess you had to configure this programs to use te BSD library to go to the internet instead the TCP/IP stack.
is there something that I am missing in the linux install that I have?

Any kind of help or pointers appreciated

BiL0

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 7 Jun 2006 14:16 
I am afraid I am unable to help you because I am not familiar with linux. Maybe someone other here?

Author Anonymous
#3 Posted: 8 Jun 2006 10:22 
Thanx for replying.
Do you know if Jabberwocky requires some particular settings?
Or you just install it and it works?
Thanx agian
BiL0

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 8 Jun 2006 11:39 
not sure, what the documentation says? The best idea is to contact the author(s) of the program anyway.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#5 Posted: 28 Sep 2006 10:12 
Jan,

Is there a possibilty to have a Linux version of Amikit ?
Some people asked me but I don't know if it is planned ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 28 Sep 2006 10:32 
Well, I have never used Linux myself. If there is a good UAE emulator then it is possile to use AmiKit on Linux. However all I can do is to provide ZIP archive of AmiKit to make the installation easier, because original executable archive is Windows only. If any other problem occur during the installation and I am able to help then I certainly do. But my lack of Linux knowledge doesn't allow me to do any more, you know.

Author Tarzin
Partaker
#7 Posted: 28 Sep 2006 12:35 
Hi Jan,

Your answer has been sent.
Waiting comments ...

Author ness62
#8 Posted: 28 Sep 2006 22:07 
Hi

Internet under Euae and amikit is ok.Copy the BsdSocket.Library file of your Euae in Libs and to modify Uaerc script to correct the following word
bsdsocket_emu=False
has
bsdsocket_emu=true

bsdsocket.library is in the file euae/amiga of your Home

Author ness62
Partaker
#9 Posted: 29 Sep 2006 14:51 
hi
Here the pack' S Amiga under linux, I think that Amikit would be really ok.Il is necessary to modify its installation because it is directed Windows and it needs much change, mainly the startup-sequence. The startup are difficult for me. I do not have too many knowledge in AmigaOS

cap
cap
cap

The Amiga emulation under linux is really superb

@>Jan

Can the installation of Amikit especially for linux be different,il is possible to change all this while carrying out tests under Windows, in the style of AIAB(Workbench3.1) for starting, then Copy of the files system after checking of original CD. Not need for the Amikit FrontEnd under linux , yes, not ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#10 Posted: 29 Sep 2006 15:06 
Can the installation of Amikit especially for linux be different?

Sure, just tell me what changes you need to make the installation more comfotable for linux users. What alterations does the startup-sequence need?

Author Tom Barber
Partaker
#11 Posted: 1 Nov 2006 23:31 
Hi Guys,

Just Letting You know I'm working on a modified version for Linux it should be in a beta stage after the weekend if I get time. If anyone want to sign up for beta testing, post a comment here and I'll get in contact when its ready.

Tom

Author ness62
Partaker
#12 Posted: 2 Nov 2006 00:24 
hi

hep, very very well.Ok for beta test

Author alanwall
Partaker
#13 Posted: 3 Nov 2006 19:29 
Hi Tom, yes I would like to beta test.I use Mandriva 2007 on my tower/laptop.I was at AmiWest and had hoped to have mandriva installed on my laptop so Richard Drummond-the author of e-uae-could help config and demo it.But had problem with my Mandriva install so did not work out

Author hype
Partaker
#14 Posted: 13 Nov 2006 13:31 
Hi Tom.

I also like to beta test..

Author alanwall
Partaker
#15 Posted: 24 Nov 2006 22:20 
well I finally got Mandriva installed along with e-uae.Copied my amikit cfg file to the e-uae dir and then started e-uae and changed some of the paths but seems Amikit is write protected so the next step is to unprotect so Mandriva
can see the ako: dir Amikit did start but keep giving read permissin errors

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /
 Howto use AmiKit with UAE (linux) ?

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top