Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /

Speed up AmiKit on Linux (very slow until screensaver kicks in)

Author noromamai
#1 Posted: 12 Oct 2011 12:38 
Does anyone have tips on how to speed up AmiKit under Linux? I am currently running AmiKit on top of Linux Mint 11 LXDE (based on Ubuntu 11). AmiKit seems very slow, until the screensaver kicks in, if I move the mouse after that and can see the screen again i can see a 10x jump in speed/performance for a while.

Hopefully still someone alive here =)

Author AmiKit
Admin
#2 Posted: 12 Oct 2011 18:23 
What screensaver do you use?
The reason why it flicks might be that your AmiKit desktop resolution is different from the screensaver's one. And switching between two different screenmodes, especially if one is RTG and second one AGA, might be slow. If possible, set the screensaver's screen resolution to the same one you use for AmiKit desktop.

Author alanwall
Registered
#3 Posted: 29 Oct 2011 08:20 
I just installed Mint 11 LXDE on VmPlayer and it does not show XDialog
as installed/or in the repository.Seeing as that is a requirement to install
AmiKit, how did you solve that ?
Thanks !

I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question / Speed up AmiKit on Linux (very slow until screensaver kicks in) Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0