AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /  

Can't input numbers

Author xaccrocheur
#1 Posted: 17 Feb 2011 14:32 
Hi everyone ; I followed Tom's install instructions located here (manually installed it to retain my own mandriva package-based uae) then did the slight tweak described here and everything works fine and dandy.

I must say, I'm IMPRESSED !

I've been using 'Miggies ever since the early 80s, basically the whole line of machines, and I've never had the chance to use an Amiga as powerful as this one. I'm literally flabbergasted.

THIS IS WONDERFUL

Now I only have ONE issue, but it's pretty annoying : I can't type any number.

I'm using a laptop at the moment, a Centrino-based X40 IBM, but I'm guessing it's not the issue there. It has a Hardware-based numpad emulation mode and even this does not work. So both the number keys *and* the numpad ones are unresponsive...?

I'm sure it's some sort of config option in .uaerc or something... Please help a poor guys set his icon tooltypes properly ;)

-Linux 2.6.31.13-desktop-1mnb #1 SMP Tue Apr 27 21:14:13 EDT 2010 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1200MHz GNU/Linux
-UAE 0.8.29-WIP4
-AmiKit 1.5.0

Author AmigaPhil
#2 Posted: 17 Feb 2011 21:09 
You have a azerty keyboard, don't you ?

There are known problems with different keyboard layout.
Quoted from sdlkeys.c :
130 /*
131 * Handle keys specific to French (and Belgian) keymaps.
132 *
133 * Number keys are broken
134 */

Try to set sdl.map_raw_keys=true in .uaerc
(But then you may lose the cursor keys. See:
http://amikit.amiga.sk/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=3&topic=1068 )

I have Linux specific question AmiKit Support Forum / I have Linux specific question /
 Can't input numbers

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top