AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

AmiKit 1.5.6 Live update released

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 1 Mar 2009 23:14 
AmiKit 1.5.6 LIVE update (Mar-2009):

- UPDATED: AmigaAMP 2.20
- UPDATED: bzip2 1.0.5
- UPDATED: p7zip 4.65a
- UPDATED: SabreMSN 0.42
- UPDATED: vorbistools 1.2.0e
- UPDATED: WHDLoad 16.9
- UPDATED: xad_7z 1.9

This update was sponsored by the following donors:
Arnljot A., DiskDoctor, David J., Patrick Pittman, Dirk B., AmyZamp, Konstantinos Damilakis, Danny P., Jose Santos G., Magdalena K., Yannick C.
Thank you and the other donors!

Author rakr
Partaker
#2 Posted: 6 Mar 2009 19:47 
Dobry den. U vsech her a dem me WHDload 16.9 pise error DOS 205. Predem dekuji za odpoved. S pozdravem Radek

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 7 Mar 2009 08:33 Edited by: AmiKit 
English translation of the question:
Hello. All the WHDLoad games and demos don't work. The WHDLoad 16.9 reports error DOS 205. Thanks for the answer in advance. Regards, Radek.

Answer:
The error happens even with older WHDLoad v16.8. The WHDLoad reports missing rom.key in AmiKit:Devs/Kickstarts folder. I assume you used early Amiga Forever 2008 Value edition system files and ROM3.1 to install and run AmiKit.

This early version of Amiga Forever 2008 Value edition included ROM3.1 but did not contain the rom.key file. While WinUAE is able to handle it and run the AmiKit emulation with given ROM3.1 even without rom.key, the WHDLoad does not, it seems.

Now, the new edition of Amiga Forever 2008 Value edition doesn't contain ROM3.1 at all.

Conclusion?
There are several possibilities how to avoid the problem with WHDLoad.
1) Upgrade to Amiga Forever 2008 Plus or Premium edition. These editions contain ROM3.1 as well as the rom.key that WHDLoad needs.

2) Use the not-AF ROM3.1 file. You can grab it from your real Amiga 1200 or 4000. More info here.

3) Inform the author of WHDLoad and ask him to fix the problem. I'll do this.

Hope this helps.

Slovak translation of the answer:
Rovnaku chybu hlasi aj starsi WHDLoad v16.8. Chyba mu subor rom.key v AmiKit:Devs/Kickstarts zlozke. Predpokladam, ze na instalaciu AmiKit ste pouzili prvotnu Amiga Forever 2008 Value ediciu.

Tieto prvotne verzie Amiga Forever 2008 Value este obsahovali ROM3.1, avsak neobsahovali rom.key subor. Zatial co WinUAE je schopny to akceptovat a spustit AmiKit emulaciu aj bez tohto rom.key suboru, WHDLoad to uz nedokaze, zda sa.

V sucasnosti existuje uz nova a odlisna verzia Amiga Forever 2008 Value edicia. Uz neobsahuje ani ROM3.1.

Zaver?
Existuje niekolko moznosti, ako problem obist.
1) Upgradovat na Plus alebo Premium ediciu Amiga Forever 2008. Tie obsahuju ROM3.1 a zaroven rom.key, ktory WHDLoad pozaduje.

2) Pouzit nejaku ROM3.1, ktora nepochadza z Amiga Forever distribucie. Mozete ju ziskat zo skutocnej Amigy 1200 alebo 4000 pouzitim specialneho softwaru. Viac info tu.

3) Informovat autora WHDLoad o tejto chybe a poziadat ho o opravu. To spravim ja.

Dufam, ze to pomoze.

Author rakr
Partaker
#4 Posted: 7 Mar 2009 13:34 
Dobry den, Dekuji moc za odpoved. Zkousel jsem vsechno mozne a vysledek zadny. Nakonec jsem preinstaloval Amikit a je vse ok . Dekuji

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 9 Mar 2009 09:11 
Translation of the response:
Hello. Thank you for the answer. I tried everything with no positive result. At the end I re-installed AmiKit and everything is OK. Thanks.

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 AmiKit 1.5.6 Live update released

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑