AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 324 [28 Nov 2019 07:12]
Guests - 324 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

AmiKit released for Linux platforms

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 19 Mar 2008 18:38 Edited by: AmiKit 
We're very pleased to announce that the native Linux port of AmiKit is now available for download.

We would like to especially thank to Tom Newsom and Daniel Westerberg, this would never happen without their help!

For those who are interested there's an article describing this history of the process of creating and debugging a working port of AmiKit to Linux.

IMPORTANT: Fix ups for the AmiKit 140 Linux archive.

Author ness62
Partaker
#2 Posted: 20 Mar 2008 22:32 Edited by: ness62 
Yep,thank you and congratulations Tom Newsom and Daniel Westerberg

Author turrican3
Partaker
#3 Posted: 1 Apr 2008 22:36 Edited by: turrican3 
a new amikit version is on the road or it takes all your free time to make linux version ?
I'm sure you wait for the final version of winuae 1.5, great improvements for picasso96.
Once again thank you for your incredible work

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 2 Apr 2008 16:26 Edited by: AmiKit 
The new AmiKit 1.5.0 is almost ready. It will be distributed as a live update and a full installer. The new version features a new 24bit theme integration and is considerably faster than the previous ones.

Author turrican3
Partaker
#5 Posted: 3 Apr 2008 02:23 
thanks amikit,
happy to hear that

Author turrican3
Partaker
#6 Posted: 12 Apr 2008 22:39 
i can't wait, when do you think it will be ready for download ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 13 Apr 2008 13:18 
End of April or beginning of May 2008.

Author turrican3
Partaker
#8 Posted: 13 Apr 2008 23:06 
let's go amikit, i hope toni will finish winuae 1.5 a little bit before because it will speed up a little bit more amikit, i suppose youtried the last beta yet ?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 13 Apr 2008 23:28 Edited by: AmiKit 
I would like to release the full AmiKit 1.5.0 with WinUAE 1.4.6 included as it is the last version compatible with Windows 98/ME. The new WinUAE 1.5.0 can be always added later via AmiKit Add-ons.

WinUAE is a bit off-topic here as this is Linux related thread. Please start another thread if you have more questions. Thanks!

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 AmiKit released for Linux platforms

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑