AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Begin Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 605 [18 Apr 2019 18:52]
Guests - 605 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

AmiKit Wallpaper Contest 2007

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 8 Jul 2007 16:25 Edited by: AmiKit 
You are invited to AmiKit Wallpaper Contest with great prizes! We would like to refresh the look of the AmiKit package and therefore we decided to announce a wallpaper contest where everyone is welcome to contribute. The prizes are waiting for three winners and their wallpapers become the part of the next full AmiKit 1.4.0 release. You can send multiple wallpapers to increase your chances to win! All the contributions will be available in gallery at AmiKit website. The contest deadline is August 31st after which a poll takes place to nominate the winning wallpapers.

This thread is reserved for your questions regarding the contest, rules, etc.

Author alanwall
Partaker
#2 Posted: 8 Jul 2007 20:18 
size ?
format ?
where to send ?
thanks !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 8 Jul 2007 20:25 
Hello Alan, all the information can be found at the AmiKit Wallpaper Contest page.

Author alanwall
Partaker
#4 Posted: 8 Jul 2007 20:38 
duh

Author Blinx123
Partaker
#5 Posted: 26 Jul 2007 16:57 Edited by: Blinx123 
Hi,is the Amiga Boing Ball still under copyright or is it usable/allowed in the wallpapers?

Author alanwall
Partaker
#6 Posted: 26 Jul 2007 21:26 
I hope so as it used it on my wallpapers
but Bill is being an ahole so can not tell

Author Blinx123
Partaker
#7 Posted: 27 Jul 2007 11:34 
But actually AmiKIT is using the Boing Ball too,isn't it? So it shouldn't be illegal (else AmiKIT itself would also be illegal).

Author AmiKit
Admin
#8 Posted: 28 Jul 2007 16:04 
Well, I hope it would not be a problem as long as there's no commercial usage of the logo. If the authorities say otherwise, I'll re-consider.

Author Blinx123
Partaker
#9 Posted: 1 Sep 2007 14:31 
Damn

Only 3 of my 5 pictures got in the poll.

Author Blinx123
Partaker
#10 Posted: 4 Sep 2007 09:06 
BTW: There is an error in the poll script.

One of my friends voted today and he had the chance to vote several times.

Author alanwall
Partaker
#11 Posted: 5 Sep 2007 07:16 
sure seems like some thing funny is happening !
the leader have fallen behind and they got there real
fast. And I don't like any of the contendors !
# 6 is my favotite after #2 but that's mine

Author DBAlex
Partaker
#12 Posted: 6 Sep 2007 09:28 
Yeah, something odd <-- IS --> going on, some people definitely voting multiple times... for example my wallpapers (35, 36 and 37) went up quite high over a small space of time... And I swear I didnt do anything... Unless someone likes me a lot then something odd is going on . Seems anyone if they wanted to could just multi-vote on a wallpaper and it would become the automatic winner (unfair...)

For example look at wallpaper 32 & 33, they've gone up very quickly and have become the winners seemingly out of knowhere?

Something is going on and I hope that Jan can sort it out... Can you track the IP's and see who is/had voted multiple times? Because even If I don't win anything I would prefer it to be a fair contest.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#13 Posted: 6 Sep 2007 21:49 Edited by: AmiKit 
Don't worry. The responses of duplicate IP addresses will be purged.

Author Blinx123
Partaker
#14 Posted: 8 Sep 2007 14:28 Edited by: Blinx123 
#32 #33 are quiet low now. But look at #35 for example.

BTW: I find this kind of voting poll unfair for todays standards. I think a forum voting would've been better.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#15 Posted: 8 Sep 2007 14:34 
The invalid responses will be purged (by the provider of the poll) before the final results are announced.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 AmiKit Wallpaper Contest 2007

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑