Members - 0
Most users ever online: 16 [28 Mar 2024 06:51]
Guests - 16 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

How to LIVE UPDATE from AmiKit 1.6.x to 1.7.0

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 10 Jun 2014 23:19 
We changed our update server since AmiKit v1.7.0! This means the older AmiKit installations don't find the update packages any more. To update your older AmiKit 1.6.x installation, you have to change the Live Update config manually. It's easy.

Press the right mouse button on desktop and select AmiKit -> Live Update.

Switch to Advanced Settings tab. In Network settings change the content of the URL box to update.amiga.sk and empty the netpath box. See the screenshot below.

New Live Update settings

SAVE YOUR NEW SETTINGS.

Then switch back to Available Packages tab and press the Check button. New update package(s) will be found.

Author AmiPAC
Partaker
#2 Posted: 11 Jul 2014 05:35 
AmiKit
I just updated from 1. to 1.7 but my screen appearance or resolution changed. I show now a WinUAE top bar and the Windows standard toolbar at the bottom. Before AmiKit usd the whole screen. What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure that I am using my computer's native resolution.

Thanks

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 12 Jul 2014 05:06 
Press F12 and switch to full screen RTG mode in Display settings.

Author mcb
Partaker
#4 Posted: 18 Jul 2014 09:23 
Note that there currently is a problem with this procedure, if used on existing AmiKit installations from Amiga Forever up to the 2013 version. This is because the self-update deletes the documentation index file, which Amiga Forever uses to confirm that AmiKit has been downloaded:

Prefs\Presets\AmiKit\Doc\amikit.amiga.sk\what-is-it.htm

Even if in the 1.7 version the documentation has been moved elsewhere, it would be good to leave a placeholder HTML file at the old location (which is also accessed by the Help button), perhaps with a relative link to the new location ("..\index.html").

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 12 Aug 2014 10:35 
The problem has been fixed. The documentation index file is in the live update archive again. Thanks Michael!

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 How to LIVE UPDATE from AmiKit 1.6.x to 1.7.0

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
 ⇑