Your high-end Amiga!AmiKit turns your PC into high-end Classic Amiga environment! 
Welcome to AmiKit Support Forum!

(Click here for main AmiKit website)
none

Forums Search Register Reply Statistics FAQ  DONATE 
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /

AmiKit 1.6.5 LIVE update released

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 8 May 2013 20:34 Edited by: AmiKit 
AmiKit 1.6.5 LIVE update (May-2013):

- UPDATED: Codesets Library 6.15 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: FreeWheel 2.2.2 by A.M.Robinson
- UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.284 by Peter Keunecke
- UPDATED: lame 3.100a2 by The LAME Project
- UPDATED: MCC BetterString 11.25 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC NList 0.116 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC TextEditor 15.41 by Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MCC TheBar 26.12 by A.Ranieri and Open Source Team
- UPDATED: MUIbase 3.0 by Steffen Gutmann
- UPDATED: NetSurf 3.0 by NetSurf Team, 68k port by Artur Jarosik (not available for RealAmiKit)
- UPDATED: Wazp3D beta 54 by Alain Thellier (non-Windows versions of AmiKit only)
- UPDATED: StormMesa 2010 by S. ****** & others (non-Windows versions of AmiKit only)

The following people have donated to the AmiKit project recently:
Dave Hamrick, Per Iversen, Cathal Ferris, Timothy Daniels and others.
Thank you and the other donors!

Author PeterK
#2 Posted: 10 May 2013 16:55 
Icon_Lib.exe from AfA_OS has a lot of problems now (Enforcer Hits). I don't know if this also happened with AmiKit 1.6.4 already. Are there any other changes since the previous release (maybe a list of updated system files)?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#3 Posted: 11 May 2013 09:51 
Nope. All the changes are listed. Is the fix needed on AfaOS side?

Author PeterK
#4 Posted: 12 May 2013 23:03 
Problem solved! It was NOT caused by the latest AmiKit update.

It's a problem of Icon_Lib.exe handling def_disk.info files which are not of the icon type "DISK" or volume. There was a def_disk.info file in MY Prefs/Presets/DefIcons drawer with the icon type "PROGRAM" causing these crashes of the AfA_OS Icon_Lib.exe which does not happen with the icon.library. Sorry please, Jan, this was not your mistake, I got this icon from Retrofan for tests because he couldn't change the type and then I've forgotten to remove it again.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#5 Posted: 13 May 2013 10:48 
Thanks for the details, Peter. If I understand it correctly, such an icon is not part of AmiKit, that's good, but isn't it part of RealAmiKit maintained by Retrofan?

Author PeterK
#6 Posted: 14 May 2013 20:11 
No, as far as I know, Retrofan has replaced the def_Disk.info file with one of the correct type.

The problem is that all icon collections which offer any Disk.info files will have to use one of the icon types "TOOL", "PROJECT" or "Drawer" in order to make them visible inside of a normal drawer. "Disk" icons won't appear in an icon set. So, these icons must be converted when they are copied into the root of a disk or partition. If the copying uses my icon.library, like WB -> info or IconEdit, then they are converted automatically. If you copy the Disk.info files with DOS or DOpus4 then nothing will be converted.

Btw, is this update of AmiKit also on the new AmigaForever 2013 CD/DVD?

Author AmiKit
Admin
#7 Posted: 14 May 2013 20:51 Edited by: AmiKit 
Thanks for the details.

AmiKit is not physically present on Amiga Forever CD/DVD. It's available as an optional plugin download for AF Player -> screenshot. Amiga Forever offers AmiKit 1.6.0. Then AmiKit gets updated itself via Live Update.

Btw. many thanks for your great icon.library! Please keep up the good work, I am looking forward to more updates.

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS / AmiKit 1.6.5 LIVE update released Top
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0