AmiKit - Your Modern Retro Experience
  Forums Register Reply Search Statistics AmiKit X  QuickGuide  SATISFIED WITH OUR SUPPORT? 
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 123 [22 Apr 2016 12:58]
Guests - 123 / Members - 0
NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /  

AmiKit 1.6.1 LIVE update released

Author AmiKit
Admin
#1 Posted: 10 Feb 2012 15:37 Edited by: AmiKit 
AmiKit 1.6.1 LIVE update (Feb-2012) - This update adds support for RAR archives, enhances video replaying capabilities as well as updates other components of AmiKit. Installation is automatic via Live Update feature. Enjoy!

- ADDED: XAD RAR 2.4 by Chris Young
- UPDATED: AmiKit Install Patches 1.9
- UPDATED: CodeAudio 3.10
- UPDATED: EvenMore 0.74
- UPDATED: FFmpeg + FFplay (29-Jan-2012, 040 FPU version)
- UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.255 (run "Install Patches" to install it)
- UPDATED: playOGG 120209
- UPDATED: Wet 6.2
- UPDATED: WHDLoad 17.1 beta (29-Jan-2012)

This update was sponsored by the following donors:
Arnljot A., AmyZamp, Per Iversen, The Walrus, Anthony Becker, Peter Stĺhlberg, J-Golden, jochen, Kevin Sambell, Korhan Adilin, Per Iversen, Costantino Damilakis, FaTBoB, TheAlmogaver, noXLar, oddmario, Lighting Tower, JHaybarn, Ade B., JanL, Sergio Ciotti, Kerzoul and others.
Thank you and the other donors!

Author PeterK
#2 Posted: 22 Feb 2012 08:16 
> "This update was sponsored by the following donors: ..."

Just want to make clear to all these sponsors that all my little programs are freeware. This means, I will never ask you for any donations and never got any money yet for IconLib 46.4, MathLibsUAE, MemTrailer, MinStack or TagLiFE. And I have really no idea where all your money finally gets to ? Like most of the other authors who contributed to this software collection I don't want any donors for freeware !

Author Anonymous
#3 Posted: 25 Feb 2012 18:02 
AmiKit 1.6.1 Live Update

"Could not create temp directory" error- why?

help...

thx

Author AmiKit
Admin
#4 Posted: 23 Apr 2012 23:40 
@PeterK
Peter, the donations are made to AmiKit itself as a reward for the time and energy invested into this project. To emphasize the donors who donated recently (I mean in between the updates - which also need lot of time to prepare and test) their names are mentioned like this. I agree the formulation you mentioned might be misunderstood. I am sorry about that. Do you have any idea for correction?

@Anonymous
Make sure the drive the AmiKit is installed on has enough space left and is NOT write protected. It might also happen that WinUAE has not enough (admin) privileges to write to the disk. Where is your AmiKit installed? The best place is eg. C: (not C:\Program Files\)

Author PeterK
#5 Posted: 25 Apr 2012 03:56 
Hello Jan,
it's absolutely OK if you ask the users of AmiKit for donations and offer the download of this software collection for free at the same time. You just should also tell the sponsors who will get their donations for AmiKit.

As you stated under Donations:
"This is purely voluntary though - you get the same support from us even though you do not donate, of course."

"Donations will be used to: ....... •support Amiga developers... "

Who do you mean with "us", and if there are other Amiga developers who are sharing the money with you then please mention their names, too. But, if the donations are only for YOUR personal efforts and all the work (no doubt about that) to keep your great project AmiKit alive, then please say that clearly. It should not look as if the people are donating for the included 300 or more software packages which are coming with AmiKit, too. As I already said above I would refuse to take donations for my own freeware.

Author AmiKit
Admin
#6 Posted: 25 Apr 2012 21:34 Edited by: AmiKit 
Hi Peter and thanks for your feedback.

Of course, while the majority is used personally, please note that I really support various developers, some of those who contributed to AmiKit and even those who are not related to AmiKit directly but are part of emulated Amiga world, for instance.

For example I've sent many AmiKit CDs and USBs to selected contributors for free and the donations help me to cover the costs. I also contribute to various bounties financially as well as send donations to developers directly.

But you are right, the wording on my site might be misunderstood. I'll think about how to make it more clear. Thanks!

Author Fat Bob
Partaker
#7 Posted: 26 Apr 2012 03:26 
Nice..............

Author PeterK
#8 Posted: 6 May 2012 00:29 
Thanks a lot for the changes, Jan !

Author AmiKit
Admin
#9 Posted: 6 May 2012 08:24 
Thanks for the feedback, Peter. I have expanded the text even more.

Author MiC
#10 Posted: 29 Jul 2012 14:52 
hallo,

@Anonymous
Make sure the drive the AmiKit is installed on has enough space left and is NOT write protected. It might also happen that WinUAE has not enough (admin) privileges to write to the disk. Where is your AmiKit installed? The best place is eg. C: (not C:\Program Files\)

i install to c: - itīs work...

thanks

NEWS AmiKit Support Forum / NEWS /
 AmiKit 1.6.1 LIVE update released

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

?
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

AmiKit Support Forum Powered by Forum Script miniBB ®
↑ Top